Monday, July 06, 2009

There be knitting here







There has been quite a bit of knitting going on here, despite the many Knit and Chats where I sat with untouched knitting in my lap! I have finished my February Lady (the green) and have one sleeve left on Lily (the beige) I began Frances (the purple) when Lily's sleeves were giving me a touch of a gauge problem, which I have since solved. I am sure there is something in the air here that seems to make you knit faster... I have not ever finished, or come close to finishing, sweaters in such a short span of time!



I attended the World Wide Knit in Public day festivities at Shall We Knit in New Hamburg a couple of weekends back. We dyed sock blanks, my first foray into dyeing of any kind. I was skeptical of the outcome, but was pleasantly surprised when I actually started knitting with it. It was a fun day, and James tagged along and got to meet all my new friends. New Hamburg is a quaint little town with adorable shops and some of the best pizza I have had in a while.






The hair got straightened temporarily on a brief but sad visit to Orlando this past week. I always have to document it, it just looks so different!






The house is coming along, and we are slowly making it our own. After much trial and error, we are very close to having the living room finished. My office is quickly becoming a haven where I can watch the neighbors go by as I work at my computer. Although I have made sure that James has his own spot also, he has not yet taken advantage of it. We will have to fix that eh? :-)






What do you think he is thinking?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home