Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Contrasts

This is the townhouse that we are living in temporarily. The weather was beautiful that day, high in the 50's. James was in shorts, and he took the dogs out for a long walk.





Happy dogs going out for a walk.



Less than 24 hours later, this is what it looked like outside.







Crazy weather!

Since this is supposed to be a knitting blog, I thought it might be nice to show you all a bit of knitting that I have been doing. I finished a ruffled rib (nice, mindless knitting), started a February Lady, and another lacy scarf. Everything is green or brown. I think that is officially a color rut.

Misty Alpaca Chunky was one of my last purchases at The Shabby Sheep.



Picked up this Cascade 220 Heathers for the February Lady at one of my new LYS's in the town of Guelph. The Greenwood Quiltery is a quilt shop and a yarn shop in one. Fiber fun! It reminds me of The Shabby Sheep, only bigger.



This last was purchased at another local shop in New Hamburg called Shall We Knit?. Totally dedicated to knitting and spinning, it is a very cool shop with an excellent selection and a warm and friendly owner! They teach a class on using a knitting machine that I may have to take advantage of. There are spinning classes. There is a field trip to Shelridge Farm to learn how to dye!! Of course, I am going to that one!



I have joined the local Knitter's Guild. Check out the guest speakers over the next few months!! I am going to try to go to a local Knit and Chat.... I am really missing my regular doses of knitting conversation!! I really can't complain though, I seem to have landed in the center of the knitting universe with all the famous yarns and knitters that come from this area.

We close on our new house next week! I can't believe it is here already. It will be good to get permanently settled.

PS Hi TT! Ronda told me you are reading! :-)

2 Comments:

Anonymous theresa2121@att.net said...

OH yes I am! I'm so happy for you but sad for us. You are so funny! Hugs!!!

By the way, my nephew Adrian, the crocheter, is now a weaver. He is coming this week with the family for spring break - I'm so excited, first visitors from home in over 4 years. I'm planning to take him to WRWeavers tomorrow, I've not been but remembered how much you liked the shop. Will keep you posted.

9:06 am  
Blogger cmeknit said...

Welcome to snow!! But hey, snow means more knitting;) Great to meet you friday...hope you can continue to join the group knitting. Don't forget the knitters frolic...we can car pool.

11:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home